Converge are a fast growing and leading provider of IT Infrastructure and Support Services, delivering high quality technical solutions to businesses and organisations throughout Gloucestershire, the Midlands and the South West.
Converge's clients come from the commercial, education and public sectors and include names such as Gloucester Rugby, Clarks Shoes, GE Aviation, Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, Gloucestershire Constabulary, the NHS and Cheltenham College. Our services include IT support, data and voice cabling, internet connectivity and private networks, managed services, telephone systems, online backup and disaster recovery.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
IT Managers - Full time - Two positions - Cheltenham and Coventry
We are seeking to recruit two IT Managers, one to work as part of an onsite support team based in Coventry and one to be based at our offices in Cheltenham. All candidates must have previous experience in an events, retail or hospitality sector with experience in working in a high-pressured environment. Candidates will be expected to work some evening and weekends on a rota.
Responsibilities will include supporting and administering a virtualised server and network infrastructure, planning and carrying out pro-active maintenance on the server and network infrastructure to ensure best practice is implemented and adhered to. The job holder will ensure the organisations security and data protection requirements are adhered to and applied to the infrastructure and perform a range of other IT related tasks
Key Skills and Technologies
A successful candidate would ideally have a formal IT qualification but good experience is essential with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the areas listed below.
• Experience working in IT Administrator or 3rd line network engineer position for at least 3+ years
• Demonstrably comfortable working on own initiative and as part of a team
• Experience with server hardware from the main hardware vendors and in particular Dell EMC
• Experience with virtualization technologies and in particular VMware
• Strong experience of routing and firewall configuration, fault finding and support
• Working knowledge of deploying and supporting SMB networking architecture, experience of project deployment preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based server and desktop operating systems required
• Experienced in implementing and maintaining policies and procedures including auditing and documentation.
• Experience working with VOIP telephone systems
• Windows OS 7,8 and 10
• Cisco switches and firewalls
• Apple Mac OS
• Dell or HP Desktop and Server Hardware
• VOIP or phone system experience
• Windows Server 2008 to 2016
• Network Cabling and Patching
• Office 365 administration
• Active Directory and Group Policy
• Excellent documentation skills
• Full driving License
It would also be advantageous to have experience of:
• HPE Aruba switches and wireless
• Sophos or SonicWall firewalls
• EMC storage or SAN technology
• EPOS Support
• IP CCTV systems
• 3CX phones systems
• ESET or Sophos anti-virus
To find out more about this role or to express interest please email a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
2nd line Support Engineer - Cheltenham
We are recruiting for a 2nd line Support Engineer to work as part of the Technology Team at our Cheltenham site. This role will involve providing remote, onsite and workshop IT support to Converge Customers. The role also involves completing small works and installation projects and providing customer service and general administrative support to the Converge Service Desk. The successful applicant will also act as lead engineer to the Project Manager on 2nd line infrastructure projects, provide coaching on technical skills to junior members of staff and pre-sales support to Converge existing customers.
If you are interested in learning more about any of these roles or making an application, please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always on the lookout for talented people and are happy to receive CVs from candidates who are as passionate about IT as we are.